Mitsubishi TV DLP Chip Replacement Required
Is your Mitsubishi projection TV having dead pixels, or so-called white dots on the screen?
In this post, you will know where to find a replacement DLP chip to fix your Mitsubishi projection TV dead pixels errors.
Does your Mitsubishi TVs are full of white dots after a few years of playing? If yes, you have to replace a new DMD Chip or called DLP chip for your Mitsubishi projection TVs.
As Mitsubishi tv DMD chip is one of the important parts for all DLP projection TV. In the beginning, it will happen one white dot if your TVs have been used for a few years.
If you do not replace the Mitsubishi tv DMD chip when you find one or two white dots from your TV screen at once, there will be more and more white dots appear from your image within couple weeks.
Therefore, we have to buy a new Mitsubishi tv DMD chip if your Mitsubishi / Toshiba / Samsung tv has a few years of the projection. This is the only solution to fix your white dots on screen error.
Where to buy a replacement Mitsubishi tv DMD chip
There are lots of Mitsubishi tv DMD chip sellers in the market.
But all of them are selling these small DLP chips at a different price because they want to make a different profit from it.
You can buy it from the original Samsung / Mitsubishi / Toshiba online store or service center. Which may be charged you more than $300.00 to get the replacement chip.
And you can also buy it from your local repairing center and ask them to exchange it for you.
However, the Mitsubishi projection TVs are used TVs which has been at least 5 years old, no one hopes to invest $150.00 in repairing fee and more than $350 for the Mitsubishi tv DMD chip from the repairman.
Now, what can we do to save investment to purchase a new Mitsubishi TV chip and replace it ourselves?
Here Perfectbuys.net is writing the post to share where to invest a replacement original Mitsubishi tv DMD chip at the best price and do replace it yourself step-by-step.
Stores you can buy a replacement Mitsubishi TV DMD Chip
- The Mitsubishi store is one of the sellers for the Mitsubishi TV DLP chip and is the one that gets more than 800 customers reviews with 91% 5 stars reviews. This is the only one that providing original new guarantee DLP chip in the market. However, the new chip price raised from $180.00 when we wrote this post in 2013 to more than 200 bucks and even more than 300 in some stores when we update the post in 2020. We suggest buying one as a spare if you still want to use your old Mitsubishi TV. We believe the price will raise up a little more because Texas Instrument did not produce this old product anymore.
- Buy from stores from China. The next store you can get the replacement chip is from Aliexpress. At the Aliexpress Chinese seller who provides it only $108.72. However, the seller doesn’t describe it’s new or used. I just find there are two US customers who had bought lots. One got 10 pcs, and another get 6 for twice. I just wonder if they are reselling it in the US. Moreover, the sales page got only one review with 5 stars. If you don’t want to invest more than two hundred dollars, you can try it. We suggest you confirm with the seller with chip condition and estimated working time and guarantee.
- And the following store advertises as a brand new chip sells at $156.75 which is much cheaper compared to the Amazon. And which comes with a 90 days warranty.
The chip we linked not only works for Mitsubishi TVs, but also for Samsung and Toshiba TVs. Check your TV model is in the list below.
WD-57734 WD-60638 WD-60733 WD-60735 WD-65736 WD-60737 WD-60738 WD-60833 WD-60837 WD-60C8 WD-60C9 WD-65638 WD-65733 WD-65734 WD-65735 WD-65737 WD-65738 WD-65833 WD-65837 WD-65838 WD-65C9 WD-73638 WD-73733 WD-73734 WD-73735 WD-73737 WD-73738 WD-73833 WD-73838 WD-73C11 WD-73C8 WD-73C9 WD-75837 WD-82737 WD-82738 WD-82838
HL50A650C1FXZA HL56A650C1FXZA HL61A650C1FXZA HL61A750A1FXZA HL67A750A1FXZA HLT5055WX/XAA HLT5076SX/XAA HLT5087SX/XAA HLT5676SX/XAA HLT5687SAX/XAA HLT5687SX/XAA HLT5689SX/XAA HLT6156WX/XAA HLT6176SX/XAA HLT6187SAX/XAA HLT6187SX/XAA HLT6189SX/XAA HLT6756W HLT7288WX/XAA
Besides a new chip, you need a good heatsink.
Like a laptop CPU, the DMD chip is too hot because of the projection lamp light projecting on it. The main role of the heatsink for the DMD chip is to eliminate the chip and the chipboard gaps or spaces in order to maximize heat transfer. As a very high heat conductive paste, the heatsink conducts the heat from the DMD chip to the chipboard. And cooled down by the fans. With its protection, the replacement chip can work longer compare to without the heat sink.
There are essentially three types of thermal pastes. The metal-based, ceramic-based and silicon-based. We highly recommend using the metal-based one as it has the best performance of the three.
How to replace the chip
To replace the new DLP chip is very easy if you know how to use your screwdriver.
But before doing this, I suggest you should prepare a camera. Because it required you to unplug some connectors inside of Mitsubishi tv and take off some small parts of the TV.
In case of forgetting the correct position of the plugin and the accessories position when we reinstall it back, it is better for us to use a camera to take pictures to step by step when you disassemble the old broken chip.
If you are a skilled repairing man or technician, it will never difficult for you to exchange a Mitsubishi tv DMD chip.
Never afraid of it even if you were a woman or new to any repairing. As I found a review from the Amazon, a 69 years old woman with no electrical experience has the chip replacement by following the steps in the video below in less than 1 hour. She just took lots of photos as we suggested above to help her remember where the screws and wires go.
And here is the step by step video created by Shop Jimmy company.
My Tips When You Tear The TV set Down
- Take pictures when disassembling every part of the TV. Even if it is not too difficult to take down the TV parts, but sometimes you may forget plugging in one of the wire. That may cause another error, and make you restart it.
- Use the Anti-Static Strap if possible. The Anti-Static Strap will prevent static electricity from passing to the chip. The static electricity may cause vertical white lines across the screen. In that case, you need to do the replacement process by discharging electrostatic. And this is why the replacement chip is packed with an anti-static bag.
- Keep the screws in a separated labeled containers
This step will help you re-assemble the TV fast when you complete replacing the chip.
Now it’s your turn to replace your broken Mitsubishi TV Chip
We hope this post showed you everything you need to fix your Mitsubishi, Samsung or Toshiba TV white dots/ dead pixels on screen error.
Now I’d like to hear your take:
What any other tool you still need to help you replace the broken chip?
What any other helpful suggestions or tips when you replacing or dissembling the parts?
Either way, let us know in the comments section below.
PS: If you think this post is helpful please share it or tag it to your friends who own a projection TV. We think he/she may need it one day.